Thursday, January 28, 2010

Looking after Grey Matters camp deep in the delta

Good day from a hot & humid delta. Yesterdays afternoon went by without incident, Marula's wounds are getting better & she's showing much less discomfort when her medication is applied. Jabu is as Jabu is, Thembi also as Thembi. all three were hosed down before departing, the clouds had been building  steadily throughout the day and we had one one those spectacular sunsets that just stops you in your tracks...

The trio returned just after 7:30 and were all tucked up in the boma by 8. I ran the generator for an hour the batteries still maintaining a good charge, a bushbaby was bouncing round the trees near the laundry on my way back to my tent. I did manage to dispatch 1 of the 2 remaining rats that seam to enjoy running up & down the tent roof most nights. I have also moved the camera trap to the entrance of the camp to try and identify the small cat track I see most mornings walking to the boma, it did detect something at 2:45 am but no image as the lens had fogged over... 

The mopane lads departed this morning in good sprits, Moks & I cleaned the boma, Leano & Amos also helped, while keeping an eye on the trio before they departed.

all is well in the hot & humid delta Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment